The Houthis in Yemen again tried to attack the port for oil exports using drones
DOHA, November 21 – RIA Novosti. The defense ministry of Yemen’s internationally recognized government said its forces managed to shoot down an Ansar Allah (Houthi) drone on Monday after it tried to attack an oil port in the eastern Hadhramawt province. The Houthis confirmed this information.
“The air defense of the armed forces responded today to new terrorist attacks launched by the Houthis, with the support of the Iranian regime, on the Al-Dabba oil export port in Hadramaut province, causing material damage there,” the Yemeni said. The Ministry of Defense said in a statement on its website on September 26.
In response, the official representative of the Houthis, Yahya al-Saria, confirmed on Twitter that his forces attacked an oil tanker that had to leave the port for this reason.
This is the second Houthi air strike on the oil port in a month and the third on ports operated by an internationally recognized government. Previously, Shiite rebels reigning in northern Yemen have threatened to attack oil infrastructures in government-controlled areas and abroad, in response to Yemeni authorities’ reluctance to comply with demands for the sharing of oil and gas revenues. The government insists that the Houthis pay the salaries of civil servants on their territory from the revenues they receive from the port of Hodeidah, which they keep in the Red Sea. Differences of opinion on this issue led to the end of the ceasefire, which was not renewed in October.
I’m Harold O’Connor and I work as an author and editor for News Unrolled, a news website dedicated to delivering the latest world events. With my in-depth research skills, passion for news writing, and keen eye for detail, I strive to provide readers with accurate information on current affairs from around the globe.