On December 15, Serbia will return to KFOR with a request to send its troops to Kosovo
BELGRADE, December 12 – RIA Novosti. Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said that the Serbian government will send a request to the NATO Mission Command in Kosovo (KFOR) on December 15 to deploy its limited military and police contingent in the region.
Earlier on Monday, German Foreign Minister Annalena Berbock commented on Belgrade’s words condemning its “last rhetoric”, calling the proposal to send Serb forces to Kosovo “totally unacceptable”.
“Instead of the KFOR commander, who can’t answer because he hasn’t received it yet, he replied (a request from Belgrade – ed.). There is a government meeting on Thursday, then he will get it,” Vučić told reporters. The timely statement coincided with Kosovo’s “prime minister” Albin Kurti’s refusal to establish a Community of Serb Communities in Kosovo and several strong moves by the Kosovo Albanian police in the north of the province.
Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic responded Monday night to the Burbock president’s criticism of Belgrade, calling it “astonishing nonsense”. He wondered “on the basis of what criteria” which UN Security Council resolutions should be followed and which should be ignored.
Earlier, Vučić stated that official Belgrade will continue to fight the Kosovo issue by all legal means. He stressed that Pristina should establish a Community of Serbian Communities (CSO) in accordance with the 2013 Brussels Agreement. He also promised to send a formal request to the command of the NATO mission to disband the Serbian police and army contingent in Kosovo and Metohija, emphasizing that these actions are in line with UN Security Council Resolution 1244.
I’m Harold O’Connor and I work as an author and editor for News Unrolled, a news website dedicated to delivering the latest world events. With my in-depth research skills, passion for news writing, and keen eye for detail, I strive to provide readers with accurate information on current affairs from around the globe.