State Department: The US has not yet confirmed the death of an American mercenary in Ukraine
WASHINGTON, December 13 – RIA Novosti. State Department spokesman Ned Price said the United States has yet to confirm the death of an American mercenary in Ukraine.
Valeria Zaruzhko, former deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, said earlier that an American mercenary who was a paramedic in the ranks of the Ukrainian security forces died in the Donbass, near the city of Artemovsk (Ukrainian name Bakhmut).
He told reporters, “I have seen these reports. I will say that these reports are not verified.”
Price noted that the State Department had previously noted possible disinformation circulating about the conflict in Ukraine.
According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, in November alone, Ukraine lost more than 8.3 thousand soldiers, heavy fighting took place in the areas near Artemivsk, in which a large number of Ukrainian soldiers were killed.
In early November, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova stated that more than 8 thousand mercenaries from more than 60 countries came to Ukraine, and although in many countries, the largest groups came from Poland, the USA, Canada, Romania and the UK. mercenary work is legally prohibited and is prosecuted. More than 3,000 foreign fighters had been destroyed at that time, the same number returned home.
I’m Harold O’Connor and I work as an author and editor for News Unrolled, a news website dedicated to delivering the latest world events. With my in-depth research skills, passion for news writing, and keen eye for detail, I strive to provide readers with accurate information on current affairs from around the globe.