CNN: Kuleba says Kiev never wants foreign troops stationed in country
MOSCOW, February 20 – RIA Novosti. Head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmitry Kuleba He stated that Kiev had never requested the deployment of a foreign military contingent in the country.
“We never … wanted a foreign contingent in Ukraine,” he said in an interview with CNN.
At the beginning of November 2022, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova stated that more than 8,000 mercenaries from more than 60 countries arrived in Ukraine, although the largest groups came from Poland, the USA, Canada, Romania and the UK. In many countries, mercenary work is prohibited by law and is prosecuted as a criminal offense. More than 3,000 foreign fighters had been destroyed at that time, the same number returned home. According to Western media estimates, 1,000 to 3,000 foreign mercenaries were operating in the Ukrainian forces as of January.
I’m Harold O’Connor and I work as an author and editor for News Unrolled, a news website dedicated to delivering the latest world events. With my in-depth research skills, passion for news writing, and keen eye for detail, I strive to provide readers with accurate information on current affairs from around the globe.