Rogov declared an eight-hour war on the front in the Zaporozhye region
SIMFEROPOL, June 4 – RIA Novosti. The fighting in the Vremevsky ledge area in the Zaporozhye direction lasted more than eight hours, Ukrainian troops suffered losses in manpower and armored vehicles, the head of the Zaporozhye people’s movement Vladimir Rogov told RIA Novosti. .
He had previously stated that Ukrainian troops, including Polish mercenaries, were trying to break through the front in the direction of Zaporozhye on Sunday. They are repulsed by Russian forces, but the fighting continues.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine in Zaporozhye uses Soviet equipment and ammunition from NATO
“At the moment, more than eight hours of fighting have ceased. The enemy has already undertaken reconnaissance expeditions in force in this area, but today they were more active and massive,” Rogov said. said.
According to him, all attempts to break through the front line were thwarted, and a full-scale attack by the Ukrainian troops was not recorded.
Rogov stressed that the Ukrainian troops are investigating the defensive line and whether the Russian troops are ready to repel a larger attack.
The Zaporozhye region became the subject of the Russian Federation after a September 2022 referendum, in which Kiev did not recognize the results and continued to bombard the region. Today, more than 70% of the Zaporozhye region is under Russian control, the city of Zaporozhye, the former regional center of the region, has been under the control of Ukrainian troops since March 2023, Melitopol temporarily became the administrative center of Russia. area.
Interactive map of the special operation of the Russian Armed Forces in Ukraine
I’m Harold O’Connor and I work as an author and editor for News Unrolled, a news website dedicated to delivering the latest world events. With my in-depth research skills, passion for news writing, and keen eye for detail, I strive to provide readers with accurate information on current affairs from around the globe.