Death toll rises to 8, 18 injured in explosion in Kabul
MOSCOW, August 5 – RIA Novosti. Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman of the Taliban* (in accordance with the UN’s sanctions against terrorism), said that the death toll in the explosion in the Afghan capital, Kabul, rose to eight, with 18 injured.
It was previously known that two dead and three injured. According to a Kabul police spokesperson, the incident took place in the Sarkariz area, explosives were placed in a carriage.
In a statement on Twitter, Mujahid said, “Today, an explosion occurred due to explosives placed in a car in the sixth district of Kabul. Unfortunately, eight of our citizens were martyred and 18 of our citizens were injured as a result.”
According to media reports, the terrorist organization IS** (banned in the Russian Federation) claimed responsibility for the explosion.
* Movement under UN sanctions for terrorist activities
** Terrorist organization, banned in Russia
I’m Harold O’Connor and I work as an author and editor for News Unrolled, a news website dedicated to delivering the latest world events. With my in-depth research skills, passion for news writing, and keen eye for detail, I strive to provide readers with accurate information on current affairs from around the globe.